1) Eligible applicants must be Recognised Researchers (R2), based on the research profile descriptors of the European Commission, i.e. Researchers who have not yet established a significant level of independence. Specifically, eligible applicants can be:
A) Researchers that are in possession of a PhD prior to the call deadline (10/01/2020)
B) Researchers who do not have PhD but have accumulated and can demonstrate having at least 4 years of full time equivalent postgraduate research experience prior to the call deadline (10/01/2020).
Full-time equivalent postgraduate research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
Officially documented career breaks will be taken into consideration for the calculation of the research experience of the applicant.
2) All Eligible Applicants must comply with the International Mobility Rule:
The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
Exceptions to the mobility rule will be considered in duly justified cases, like in the case of researchers undergoing a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention. Compulsory national service or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Applications must be:
- Submitted via the Online Application Platform before the call deadline
- Written in English, be readable, accessible and printable
- Complete and include the requested administrative data and any obligatory supporting documents specified in the call
Important: Not eligible:
Applications focusing on fields of research that are not eligible for funding under H2020 ethical rules will be considered as not-eligible and will not proceed to the evaluation phase.
Not-eligible research include:
(a) research activity aiming at human cloning for reproductive purposes;
(b) research activity intended to modify the genetic heritage of human beings which could make such changes heritable;
(c) research activities intended to create human embryos solely for the purpose of research or for the purpose of stem cell procurement, including by means of somatic cell nuclear transfer.
In case of doubt, applicants are encouraged to contact the Helpdesk to ensure their eligibility.