The last IMIBIC-P2Med fellow joined the programme in May 2022. Silvia has enjoyed before an MSCA-Individual Fellowship in the same group since her return to IMIBIC in 2019. Most of the fellows are finishing their second year (Maribel, Marina, Almudena and André), while Alexander has just gone over the first one.
Some of the activities in 2022:
- After the success of the 3-day introductory course in R organised in October 2021 by Marina, Almudena and the IMIBIC Bioinformatics Unit, an Open Access eBook was published.
- Our fellow Alexander was invited as guest editor of a special issue of the journal Vaccines.
- The first paper of the IMIBIC-P2Med programme was published. As part of the ProsCanGO project, André Sarmento-Cabral gave support to the study design and helped with the data analysis and interpretation, and the manuscript writing and revision.
- Our fellows Silvia, Alexander, André and Maribel participated in the European Researcher’s Night 2022.
- The IMIBIC-P2Med programme featured in EU Research magazine, in the autumn 2022 issue.
- The scientific production of our fellows is also showing in the form of collaborations, like this review article from Alexander or this research article from Marina.
- The importance of internationalisation was highlighted during a conference to PhD students from IMIBIC, and our fellows Maribel, Marina, Almudena and Silvia shared with them their experience both as PhD students and as postdocs at international research centres of excellence.
We are looking forward to 2023 and the new challenges that it will bring us.